Saturday, February 20, 2010

Girl On The Run

Are you a runner? I have judged you. My whole life I have felt that runners are a bit off....nothing I can put my finger on, just off. I have seen the crazed look in a runner's eye talking about how great it was to just run 50 miles in 100 degree weather. I only run when I am being chased and I'm not chased all that often. I truly don't like running- my lungs burn and my side hurts and I can't breathe. What is appealing about that?
Scout has been trying to find her sport for about 5 years. She hates soccer, baseball, football, basketball, cheerleading, and gymnastics. She complains when she sweats. She is excellent at fencing, her current sport of choice but it is not aerobic enough. I just signed her up for a program called Girls On The Run which I am excited about. It's a 12 week program and by the end of the season she will run a 5K. I want to enjoy this form of excercise with her so I am going to learn how to run. I don't want to and I have been praying to God to give me motivation for her and for myself. So far God has been holding out on me- no excitement just yet. I will keep you posted on our progress. In the morning I am attempting to run 2 miles. We will see if I survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment