Friday, March 5, 2010

It's night's like Wednesday night when I wish I wasn't a single mom. For the most part I am ok with all of responsibilities I have and I feel like I divide myself as evenly as possible with an eight year old and a two year old (a lot of times the attention tips toward Dylan because he requires more help). Wednesday night was a breaking point for both me and Scout. Dylan was in the bath tub and Scout needed help with her math homework. I had Scout bring her work into the bathroom and for a minute I was playing trains with Dylan then I would flip back into teaching Scout how to borrow *confusing concept even for me*. Scout was so frustrated and she was being really short and not trying at all. Angry words went back and forth between me and Scout and it ended with Scout shouting at me that I don't love her at all and I love Dylan more than her. She was being so sarcastic and hateful and I would like to say that I handled it with grace and love but I didn't. Dylan was watching the whole thing go down- not something I want my two year old to witness. After I sent her to bed an hour early and got Dylan down I felt.......worn out.

1 comment:

  1. When you get frustrated, sit down, take a deep breath and remember that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. He picked you specifically for Scout and Dylan because he knew no one else but you could be their mom.......and nothing will ever change that. I think you're exceptional.
    Love you-Jami

    ReplyDelete